6.4.06

Tuesday Nights Are Always Exciting!

Whether it be because of a last minute trip, a planned outing, or just because something entirely random happens, Tuesday nights are ALWAYS exciting. This Tuesday Night was no exception. At 722, Hillsong United (Australian Worship Band) came for a concert (see picture) Posted by Picasa
So we enjoyed worshipping with them until 10:30(!!!) It was GRRREAT ...although an hour later than we usually are there until...but that's ok, because they are from Australia.

Following all the fun, Alex and I get into the car and drive to the gas station, because I need gas real bad. So we get gas..I learn that they still let you pump gas even when they are closed, if you pay by credit card ( I never knew that!)... We get back into the car and head for the on-ramp to 400. So we are driving down the on-ramp and all of a sudden we heard this funny "scratchy" noise from underneath my car. Then Alex chimes in with "I think it's a flat." ...how much fun could that be!? So we pull over, get out and look, and sure enough...I have a flat tire. :o/ Not cool. Need a visual?

GOOD TIRE


BAD TIRE

So then the real adventure began ... waiting. For some reason Alex and I always spend a long time in cars together. It's quite fun. But anyway. After the tow truck driver getting the wrong directions, and turning around to come get us, we finally made it off of the side of the road and home. It was 1:30AM. ...and I still had a paper to finish and a presentation to prepare for for the next day (today). So I went to bed at 3:30AM. I'm tired.

One more thing...I tried to put the spare/donut tire on the car this afternoon, and everything was going fine, until I got to the lug nuts. They are SO tight! I was standing on the lug nut wrench and it still didn't budge. Here is the proof of my efforts...

...and I had already washed my hands once...

Well, that's all for today!

1 comment:

Jen and Matthew said...

I agree. I tried to take off my tires the other day (to clean the inside of the tires...i know i know, anal) and I could not, for the life of me, get those damned lug nuts off!! They are so tight!! they use those stupid power torque wrenches that make the nuts unmovable without those machines!

Matthew