19.7.06

Far Far Away

Bonjour!

Well, I'm in France! I have been here since the 29th of June. I traveled with my parents to Paris, Rome, Florence, and Strasbourg where we met up with David. And now my parents have left and I am here in Metz with David! On August 5th we will leave for the traveling part of our vacation to lots of different cities in France. (He is still finishing up his internship)

I am staying in the apartment of some missionaries who have left for a vacation to Spain. They have 3 little kids too. Their place is really nice, considering I could be sleeping on the floor of a dorm room instead. Vicky, the wife of the family told me that I could use just about anything I wanted to, so I did some of their dishes, and a load of laundry already. But I'm really only there at night and for breakfast in the morning. It is really nice of them though. I don't know that I could have that much trust with a complete stranger.

This vacation has been pretty great so far, and I still have 5 and a half weeks left! I need to learn more French though...

Here are some pictures from the trip so far:




( outside The Louvre, The Colosseum, Michelangelo's Pieta, me and a golden mime, the Eiffel Tower, My parents, David and myself across the river from Notre Dame)

Au Revior!

No comments: