12.5.07

In the most recent past...

It has been a while since I have done a food update for everyone, so here goes.

I made stuffed peppers! We prefer the yellow ones over the green ones. But they were pretty tasty. I do have some tweaking I'd like to do on them though.
Salsa! There is nothing like some homemade salsa. The only problem is finding cilantro over here. They don't sell it in clusters like they do in the US, so we borrowed some from a friend who bought it in the form of a potted plant.


Apple Nut Squares. Yummy! But when they are warm they taste best without the nuts. I think this recipe can also be used to make banana bread :o) ...bet you can guess what I'll be trying next.

A Quiche! Although very common, this quiche wasn't made by following a recipe. I did my own improvising and was thoroughly pleased with the results. (important...precook the crust a little before you add everything)
Chicken Cordon Bleu! Yum Yum, next time I will use crunchier bread crumbs, but we were very happy with the tenderness of the chicken and the delicious melting cheese...yum! Homemade Chocolate Chips cookies! Lacking some of the recommended ingredients I was able to make some successful substitutions and they turned out fabulously. :o)

And lastly...although not edible...we made dinner for our friend Vinod and he brought us a cactus! We named him Fluffy.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ahem... improvising... cough.... spell check... cough.

Unknown said...

you missed "althought" and "tweeking" too... :o) Thanks though