3.6.07

Unexpected visitor.

Look who came to visit us before we left on our vacation!

Friday morning we took a train to Luxembourg to see Pirates of the Caribbean - At Worlds End, and when we came home this is what we found. Amidst the chairs used for drying laundry we found the neighbor's cat sitting on the floor! We had left our windows open and she must have jumped in. When I looked out the window I noticed that her window was closed. Maybe she had gotten locked out? She jumped back out of the window in fear when we came in the door, but to my surprise I was able to coax her back inside (just to see if she'd come)...and she came. I think it might have been too hot for her on the roof because as soon as she came in she plopped down on the floor and just laid there. So I gave her some water but she didn't drink it.

Everytime we got close to her she would run in the other direction or hiss at us but I'm pretty sure she spent a decent amount of time in our apartment while we were gone. Eventually I knocked on their door and told them their cat was in our apartment. One of the girls came over to get her but it took a long time because the cat didn't want to go to her owner either. She hissed at her too. I have a few theories...

Her owners smoke...so maybe she doesn't like the smoke, hopped out the window, and got shut out.

OR, maybe she was escaping from them because they don't treat her right, found our empty apartment and didn't want to leave.

OR, maybe she could tell that I miss my dog and wanted to come visit me :o)

Who knows. I don't mind if she comes back...just as long as she goes home every now and then. But their window hasn't been open since we've been back from our vacation.

Speaking of our vacation - I will be posting blogs about each place we visited; Nice, Villefranche, Monaco, and Antibes. I'll break them up so they aren't too long and so I can post more pictures from each. I'm also going to make a little video of the trip so stay tuned for that!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, your blog has a new color scheme! I can't see any more pictures though... they've all disappeared.

Jen and Matthew said...

Yeah. From the "Scuba Swaffs" and down, all the pictures are red x's. You had to mess with it eh? But the most recent pictures are there.

Jen and Matthew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.