15.8.07

The Orchard

My most recent activity has been constructing my family tree...well, one half of it. For some reason, on my Dad's side of the family we have had some very motivated relatives to collect information over the years to make sure that is isn't lost in time. I think it's great! And now I have the time and the means to contribute to the effort.

After receiving an email from my Dad about a recent trip he took to Pennsylvania to visit some family I became motivated to take on the challenge of gathering and putting together all this information...and to seek out more of it! Below is a picture of what I've been working on. It's only a "glimpse" of the tree since you can't read any of it here, or even see all of it. But you can see where I am (circled in blue), and the red circles that you see are my Ancestors that came from Lithuania. So, from this picture you can see back to my Great-Great-Grandparents. Isn't that cool!?

I don't think I'll be able to go back further than this...because nobody knows anybody that is still in Lithuania...and nobody speaks Lithuanian anymore. BUT, we can go forward! :o) At least my kids will already have this info and they can keep passing it on.

I bet there are so many families whose trees go back further because they were in the US longer. Those would be cool to see. But this is mine, on my Dad's side, and my Mom's side would probably go back even less because I think it may have been my Great-Grandmother who came over from Italy.

Anyway, I'm still gathering information like middle names and dates and stuff like that. After this one I and hoping to add to David's side. I think it will end up being a Christmas family activity. We shall see!

2 comments:

Kat said...

Hi Susan, I'm your cousin Kristen. Dave Kommeth's daughter. I came across your blog while doing some family research, and I saw the family tree you did. It's such a tiny file.. is it possible to email it to me? I'd really like to see it! Many thanks. My email is krisfeeny at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Hey Kristen, if you check back here, I tried to email you and the address you left didn't work. It said that that the address you gave me wasn't a yahoo email address. Soooooo...leave me another one.