20.11.07

beginnings and ends

Today in Metz a strike is starting, and it's a pretty big one. All government employees are striking. From teachers, to postal workers, to train employees, no one is going to work, and no one is sure how long it will last. I don't really know all the details, but I hope it doesn't last too long. David and I need to take a train on December 11th to go home!!
In Swafford news... I've been talking to David more about wanting Duncan to come live over here with us, especially since pet sitting our friend's dog. Last night he came home and handed me a piece of paper that looked like this:
We wouldn't have a specific room to put him, but this was just David's way of saying "It's ok with me if Duncan comes over here." !! This is big news, and I'm very excited. I hope I can find the best way to get him over here.
Thursday is Thanksgiving! We will be going to dinner at GTL with about 150 other people (students, professors, and families). My first Thanksgiving in another country, David and my first thanksgiving as husband and wife, and my first thanksgiving without any of my other family. A lot of firsts this year...
And lastly, and David will make fun of me for this... Our last month-iversary is this Friday!! (not that we have been celerating monthiversasries) I told David this is a big deal because we will never have a monthiversary again! Once you reach the first year anniversaries are all that matter... SO, we'll "celebrate" this one. I think we're going to go ice skating :o)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so silly. You'd better start walking to the airport tomorrow if you want to make your flight...