25.3.10

Jamaica - Day 6 - Montego Bay

David woke up this morning feeling better.  So we ate and got ready to go on a canopy tour via zip line. 


On our bus ride to the tour we met a couple, James and Gabrielle, who would be getting married the next day!  They’re eloping in Jamaica – how exciting! 

It turns out that it was really great to meet them because by the time we got to the site for our tour David wasn’t feeling well again.  He ended up making the decision to stay behind to spare everyone else from having to witness any sickness that might occur.
 
(David, suited up, but just about to decide to stay behind.)
So, I went without him and brought the camera so he could see what he was missing.  He laid on a picnic table bench the entire time we were gone…besides his side trips to the restroom.

It was a lot of fun and I know David would have loved it!  

The dense trees of the forest were really beautiful especially when the sun shined through.  Our tour guides were nice too and took great care of me since they knew David stayed behind.

When we returned to the beginning of the tour I found David feeling sickly and waited for our driver to get there.  David said the bus ride back actually made him feel better.  After dropping off the other passengers and wishing James and Gabrielle all the best for their big day we had the driver help us relocate to our new hotel.

And we loved it!  Our room was pretty large and very colorful and much cleaner than the other one.  

And it was directly across the street from the beach – hooray for walking!  The hotel was laid out like a resort too.  We had a balcony and there were walkways that connected all the different branches of rooms.  Plus there were palm trees everywhere, and that’s always nice.  The only problem was that David felt terrible. 

We didn’t really eat lunch after the canopy tour so after a little nap I was starving for something to eat.  David didn't feel like going anywhere but didn't want me going out alone either so we went to a restaurant that we saw when we first got there that was just around the corner; Chilitos.  It is a Jamexican restaurant! :o) It was great!  But, poor David, didn’t get anything for fear he would just feel worse.  I ate some nachos and jerk shrimp tacos (and saved him one for the next day) and we went back to the hotel.

David was still feeling bad enough that he was concerned about the arrangement we made for our trip on Friday (to Mayfield Falls and Negril).  So, I called Charlie and told him we would have to cancel.  It was sad, and I felt bad that he would be losing our business.  Then David just wanted to lay in bed so I decided to find the hot tub.

I brought my book and my towel and spent the next few hours in the hot tub.  I don’t think you are supposed to stay in there that long, but it was great, and I got out every so often.  I read a few chapters and then spent the rest of the time watching the anoles that were all around me!  They were probably there the whole time and I hadn’t even realized it.  They were very entertaining though. 

I felt like I was a videographer for the Discovery channel…hiding in the hot tub watching the creatures in their natural habitat.  There were five of them in particular that I was watching.  It was like an anole soap opera…  Two males were trying to attract one female.  They were displaying the colorful skin below their jaws to try to lure her to them.  She wasn’t easy to impress!  At the same time there was another female who was noticing what was going on while a different male approached her.  Once she realized he was there she turned her attention toward him instead.  Eventually the first female picked her match and the other male ran off.  By then it was time for me to go back and check to see if David was still alive and go to bed.

No comments: