19.3.07

Some random things.

The weather here has been very strange. All last week the sun was shining and everyone was packing up their winter clothes. This past weekend it rained and was cloudy the whole time. Then, this morning, it was sunny and nice - still a little cold though, and about five minutes ago it started hailing. Now the hail has stopped and it looks like the sun might come out again...but it is currently fighting with the clouds. I can't wait to be in Georgia where the weather has been beautiful. It helps with packing also...I don't need to bring home any winter things!


We've officially decided that in order for me to be at the airport on time on Thursday I should spend the night in a hotel in Paris...closer to the airport. This means that I will leave Metz Wednesday late-afternoon, attempt to find the hotel, then take the hotel shuttle to the airport in the morning. I still don't know what terminal I have to go to. This should be interesting =o\ But I'm excited to see everyone!
We went to a park with the Grandidiers when Stephen and his mom were here. We found a rock wall. The guys had fun. They also played basketball, but no one was very good at that.
Speaking of - I will gain an English student when I return to France. Denis Grandidier has decided that his family is going to take a vacation to the US later this year to visit Stephen's family...they will all travel to Florida together. SO, he wants to learn to speak English better now, and has a valid motivation. I'm thankful for this because he doesn't know much English at all and that will help me with my French. Whatever I teach him in English, he can teach me in French and it will be a fair trade. I'm excited about this but need to start thinking about how I can teach him...he is more of a beginner than the professor I'm working with who already knows a lot...more lesson plans! I can start working on them while I'm in the US. I think I'll be able to play more games with him and that is always more exciting!

Our friend Alex has decided to move to Metz! She accepted her job at the Metz airport and will be moving here very soon...this afternoon actually. (This is a picture or her and John) There will be many good times, and stories, to come.



We tried to go ice skating last night...it was closed. So we played on the snow/ice that was outside of the rink for a while and then went to the playground for a little while, followed by hot chocolate, and me falling asleep to David's Transformers movie. Oops...he was really disappointed.
Did I tell you that we went to a professional ping pong tournament?? It was incredible. I think I will make a video. Stay tuned!

No comments: