13.11.08

International and Eventful.

David has been spending quality time with Duncan. Here I caught them playing cards. I especially like Duncan's "chillin' " pose while he's listening. And you should see his poker face...

A few weeks ago we went out to eat at a fondue restaurant. It was delicious. We ordered multiple cheese fondues to share and then chocolate fondue for dessert. Yum.
I never wrote much about Halloween. We invited some friends over and bought our own Halloween candy to eat. We watched an Alfred Hitchcock movie (Rear Window) and made pancakes for dinner. The pancakes were supposed to be dyed orange but the store was out of food coloring when I went shopping. Oh well!


Then we took a trip to Luxembourg to see the new James Bond movie. While there we visited ChiChi's a texmex restaurant. I've been there twice before, but I think they are under new management now...it wasn't as good as before. My chicken chimichanga is pictured top right below.Then, Sunday, we had a Greek inspired lunch. Our Greek friend Konstantinos made moussaka. It was delicious! For dessert we had a lemon tart (yum!) and tiramisu.

After that, we had dinner with some Americans who make awesome crepes. We had buckwheat crepes with ham, potato, creme fraiche, and cheese for dinner, and dessert crepes for dessert.

Then, yesterday after our bible study, I made a meatloaf to share with everyone. This was a first for a few people there, but definitely a hit. How can you not like something wrapped in bacon!? (It's a great recipe.)

And I have an honorary picture to share with you. This is Fred. He is French. If you know anything about the kind of food the French like, you will know that they don't like spicy/hot things. Well, Fred tried a hot pepper while we were at ChiChi's. This was a picture of his reaction. Other than that, he handled it well.
I only talk about food huh?

Well, stay tuned. I think I'll have some very interesting things to tell you about before long...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't get too fat eating so much over there... :)

geeky Heather said...

Gee whiz, I'm so hungry now!!

Rear Window was a great choice!