19.3.09

Project!

Boxes boxes boxes! I've gotten 3 boxes in the mail this week! One from each of our Mothers and one that I ordered.

Since I've gotten into cross stitching I decided to make Christmas stockings for us (thanks to Janice for the great idea :o) ...I'm copying her). My family never really did the whole Christmas stocking thing, so this is really exciting for me! I found 2 different patterns online that I liked and ordered them. Although, they both provide new challenges for me. One (David's) is just a pattern - so I have to buy everything in order to make it, and the other (mine) is not even a cross stitch. It's needlepoint. This is similar, but different! So...It'll be an interesting challenge.
That is a picture of my stocking needlepoint "kit". There is so much thread, and it's so much bigger than my cute little teddy bear! Which is finished by-the-way.
Like my grass? That is my personal contribution to the pattern.

Anyway...

Setting up is very time consuming. First I have to separate all the colors, then I have to separate all the threads! And there are a lot of them! And there are even beads and ribbons. I'll be taking pictures as I go, like I did before, but the progress may not be as evident since I'm working with a painted canvas (see first picture).

So "yeah!" or lots of free time to try new projects!

3 comments:

Janice said...

Woo hoo! That looks so exciting! I don't know how different it is for needlepoint, but in cross stitching they tell me to separate the threads and I never do. Waste of time in my opinion. :)

geeky Heather said...

Kewl looking stocking! When I separate threads, I take a piece of cardstock (i.e., old manilla folder) and punch holes up one long side. Then I write the color numbers (or names) beside them and tie the corresponding lengths of floss through the holes with a half-hitch (loop floss, pull though hole, pull ends through loop). How do you go about it??

Unknown said...

I'm using the "thread organizer" provided in the kit...which is basically what you make.