13.2.09

Awaaaaaaiting Summertime

I don't think I've ever been more ready for the summer! Maybe, when I was 16 and back in high school I would have had a similar motivation for the summer and a break from school...but this year my reasons are different. I've lived through the coldest winter that I've ever experienced. I was away from home for the first time at Christmas. Duncan is here now and he loves being outside and I'll be glad to have his company. And, I never really look forward to spring because of my pollen allergies. So, I have high expectations for the summer and all it may bring.

I'm trying to block from my memory the summer of 2007 here in Metz... because it was not really a summer at all. Rain, clouds, cold = not summer. But this year, it just feels like things will be different and I'm ready!

I've been searching for a special kind of picnic blanket since we came back to France in August. I even looked in Germany! Luckily, I finally found what I was looking for and it's even a little better than I had planned.The kind of picnic blanket I've been wanting has a special tarp-like lining on the underside of it. This is key here in Metz because the ground it always moist. Thanks to the new Intersport store that they put in near Cora I was able to find exactly that... and more!

They didn't have picnic blankets all by themselves so I had to get one that came with an entire picnic set! (for 4) Darn.
(Duncan is winking at you because he is really excited about our new stuff)

Goodbye winter! Hello sunshine! ...hello? ...sunshine? ...you there?

2 comments:

Janice said...

oooo, you might have to take me to this place so I can get the same set! Kimber will probably be crawling around come summertime...

Unknown said...

I'm sending you some good vibes for this summer... :)