10.9.08

First Swim

Yesterday I got a message from our friends Laurence and Martin saying that they were home from their vacation. After a few correspondences we eventually arrived at the conclusion that we were going to meet down at the plan d'eau so that they could meet Duncan!

We met by the playground and did some walking around. It was a beautiful day outside, very sunny, nice and warm. Before long we ended up sitting down by the side of the lake and Duncan ended up in the water. I brought the stick (featured in the last entry) and Duncan retrieved it multiple times showing them how good of a swimmer he was. He was very happy to be wet. So happy in fact that he wanted to share the experience with Martin who was comfortably sitting on the nice dry blanket.

Duncan likes them, and I'm pretty sure they like him too. It is the start of a wonderful friendship.
"Ok, throw it already!" - Duncan

"I have the stick, I have the stick, I have the stick..." - Duncan

"This view reminds me of my old backyard" - Duncan

After a nice day outside I introduced Laurence and Martin to our Wii. It was their first time playing one and they quite enjoyed themselves. Here they are playing Wii Sports, Boxing :o)

After some Wiing (I figure that you'd drop the last "i" and add "ing"...anyone else know proper Wii grammar?) we ate dinner together, took a walk to Place St. Jacques to get ice cream for dessert (Ice cream dude upped his price by € 0.30), and headed back to the apartment for some Mario Kart. It was fun!

After the lovely weather yesterday, today it is raining. I'll do a monthly update of my rain count around the 20th. But I just thought I'd share.

It's a new 'season' of blogging so I figured I would change the look of things again. Hope you like it! Happy reading.

No comments: