24.9.08

Long Overdue

I've been meaning to write another post since last weekend...

Last Friday morning, I was taking Duncan outside for him morning walk. We headed toward the plan d'eau because I was planning on letting him run free for a little while when all of a sudden I saw people falling from the sky! Haha, well, they had parachutes. We got a little closer and watched for a few minutes (well, I watched, Duncan wanted to go walk along the lake). Then we turned around and headed back toward the apartment. I was hoping David was still there so that he could see and was planning on grabbing my camera so that we could go back out and take pictures.

As we were walking David jumped out in front of us! He said he saw us walking under the bridge as he was going to catch the bus. So I told him he couldn't go to school yet because he had to go see the people falling out of the sky! So we went back down and watched some more.


Eventually we found out that it was a national competition. Team Parachuting. How you parachute as a team I don't know...I guess they just combine the scores, because these guys were jumping individually. Above is a collage of some of the pictures that I eventually took and if you click on the image it will take you to my picasa website where there are some more pictures and explanations. It was pretty neat to watch them jump out of the plane and then let their parachutes out and land on the huge grey circle. But I must admit, it got kind of boring. It was the same thing over and over for the entire weekend. No cool tricks or anything, just jumping and landing. And everyone we saw hit the target. A few misses would have made be interesting...haha.

A little on David...

Recently, it seems like David is having to write reports for everything. Reports about reports he has already written and then another report just for the heck of it. It all seems kind of time consuming and pointless. SO, this morning David asked me to send him a list of anything we needed from CORA (because he was going to stop by before he came home). And then, jokingly, he said, "Write me a report about it." So I did... If you'd like to see my creativity you can find it here in the Swafford Supplies INC Report. For understanding purposes...Fred is our friend who offered to drive David in his car.

And today I leave you with some humor. Understanding Engineers...

A priest, a doctor and an engineer were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers.

The engineer fumed, 'What's with these people? We've been waiting for 15 minutes!'

The doctor chimed in, 'I don't know, but I've never seen such ineptitude!'

The priest said, 'Hey, here comes the green keeper. Let's have a word with him.'

'Hi George, what's the matter that group ahead of us? They're rather
slow, aren't they?'

The green keeper replied, 'Oh, yes, that's a group of blind fire-fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime.'

The group was silent for a moment. Then the priest said, 'That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight.'

The doctor said, 'Good idea. And I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist f riend and see if there is anything he can do for them.'

The engineer said, 'Why can't they play at night?'

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too funny. I'm laughing at your report.