11.4.07

Joy. Japanese Style!

Check it out!
Eileen sent us a box from Japan.
I bet the people in the post office are impressed that we have friends from all over the world!

Eileen is impressive, she always manages to send so much in such small boxes. I used to send enormous boxes with lots of packaging...
Look what she sent us!

Pocky sticks (yummy...but I curious about "Men's Pocky"...it is supposed to be more bitter, maybe dark chocolate?) and strawberry ones. Japanese Starburst-like candies.
Crystal Mint gum, I think.
David's favorite Koala cookies (when he eats these he goes crazy...it's hard to contain him, seriously)
A new flavored KitKat (these are always pretty good)
More chopsticks! Now we have 4 pairs! Time for an Asian dinner party.
Then, what looks like cracker french fry-like things.
And pancake flavored "biscuits" (in France biscuits are cracker/cookies, so probably similar to those)
Oh...and Reese's and Starburst from the US. They went from the US, to Japan, to France. I should send them somewhere else...Nah!

How exciting! Thanks Eileen!!
I'm still trying to find something that is really French that is easy to send you. I don't think you want me to send any baguettes or pastries...they would be rock hard by the time you got them. Usually, here in France, you can find the same things you can get in the US just less of it, or less of a variety. For example, they have M&Ms, but you will almost always only find peanut M&Ms. Not the regular ones...

In other "Swafford News," I picked up my bank card today (debit card basically) So now we each have our own card. April 11 and I finally have a card...no biggie...I could have waited longer to have access to our money :o)
Next point of business...getting my Carte du Sejour (French equivalent to a green card in the US) and editing my French Professor's 50 page paper!

Au Revoir!

No comments: