3.4.07

two leaves vs. almighty creator

Today, while walking around the yard with Duncan I was looking at all the patches of clovers that have begun to grow since my Dad last cut the grass. Then I found it. As we all know most clovers have 3 leaves. Now, when a clover with 4 leaves is found we have determined that this genetic mishap supplies us with luck. Well, what about when there are only 2 leaves?? No, not when one leaf has been pulled off...but just 2 leaves total? Because when I was looking at the clovers today, I found one! And a few hours later...I got a phone call.

A very important phone call... My visa is ready! Amazing! It won't take 5 weeks! So immediately I started to look for plane tickets back, since I had to have an itinerary to pick up the visa. Originally I thought, wow...there must be something to this whole clover thing. Then I realized...it wasn't the clover...(it's never the clovers).

I had talked with my friend Eileen even closer to the time I got the good news and she told me that she would pray about everything. Well let me tell you, Eileen has a powerful connection with God and I believe this is why my visa made it through today. She had prayed for a miracle, that God would surprise me and I'd get to return sooner than I thought. And that exactly what happened. I will be leaving this Thursday!

Just a few minutes ago my sister also reminded me that my situation had been put onto multiple prayer request lists, so I was 'well covered.' Thanks everybody!

So, when it comes to putting my trust in something I'm going to stick with what I don't always have to search through the grass for hours to find.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Susan

I'm thanking God that your Visa came through quickly. I know that you are anxious to get home. Actually, you may already be on your way back. Know that you continue to be in my prayers. Love, Samantha

Anonymous said...

well damn, i was praying for you to have to stay EVEN longer than 5 weeks...I guess it doesn't work for me eh? :)