23.4.07

Mail, Toe, Meds

Today David went to pick up the shipment from his Mom. Check it out... media mail.

They are the text books he ordered to help him study for PhD qualifying exam. This is actually one of two big bag packages he'll be getting. This was spray painted on the other side of the bag...

To me it looks like something that would be sent for the military. It was "tied" at the top with a big brown belt thing. When David carried it he looked like Santa Clause. I guess we get to keep the bag too...


Secondly, I jammed the little toe on my right foot this morning on my way to the shower. I've done this many times, and usually it just gets black and blue for a while, hurts, and goes away. But, this time, with the jam, I got a nice big slice across the top of my toe. It's pretty deep, and stings. Get what we don't have around our apartment...band aides. Time to go to the pharmacy... It's bad though because it is in a very inconvenient place. I don't want it to get infected...but you should see the door where I cut it...the wood isn't smooth, it's jagged - which is why I think I got a cut this time. Ew... (sorry no picture...that just wouldn't be right...)I still am a little stuffed up, but my nose isn't running away from me. And, I've actually been able to breath out of it a few times! It's wonderful. So let me tell you how it works over here with over the counter medicines. You know how in the US you can usually buy things like Advil or cough medicine right from the grocery store? Well here, the grocery stores don't even carry that stuff. You have to go to the pharmacy, and you usually have to ask for it...because they don't have many things sitting out on shelves for you to just pick up. It's kind of annoying because you have to wait in line behind people that are asking questions about certain ailments etc, but that is what it is like.


Lastly, David and I are getting pumped up about the new Harry Potter book and movie that will be coming out this summer. He's started reading the 6th book (Half Blood Prince) again but still wants to get all of the books to read before the last one comes out. There are now trailers available for the 5th movie (Order of the Phoenix)... I've been trying to finish the first Lord of the Rings book, and I'm getting there, but with all this talk about Harry Potter I have the urge to read those instead. I'm glad I got back into reading...it's a good thing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your toe! Are there any pharmacy items you'd like me to send you in the next package I put together?